It is very unlikely that you need to hard reset the Samsung Galaxy S4 as it is powerful enough to run almost all application without any trouble. But when you are loaded with many application, then your device may perform very slow and hang most of the time. In this case the only solution to get back your device in speedy mode is to do factory reset which is also known as hard reset.
Also Read: Take Screenshot in Samsung Galaxy S4
Some person refers “Hard Reset” as a android system reboot when it gets hang. But however “hard reset” only means to factory or default reset. If you want to force shutdown Galaxy S4, then simple press and hold Power button for about 10 seconds until the device turns off. And if you want to reset the S4 to factory default setting, follows the given method.
Warning: It will delete all your data from phone memory. However, data on SD card such as photos, music and apps data remain unaffected. So it is recommended to backup contact, SMS and other important documents to SD card.
There are two method for doing hard reset in Samsung Galaxy S4.
From phone menus
You can perform hard reset from accessing the menus on your smartphone. Follows the step below:
- Go to Menu and Tap to Settings.
- Select Accounts and tap Back up and reset.
- Chose Factory data reset.
- And tap erase button. Please be sure that you have uncheck Erase SD card.
- If you have set security PIN or Pattern or Password, then enter it.
- It will reboot and takes certain time to factory reset. After factory reset you will need to configure your smartphone.
Also Read: Connect Samsung Galaxy SIV To TV
Another method is perform Hard Reset during boot-up. This method is useful when you have no access to the phone menu.
- When your mobile is switch off, press and hold both Volume buttons and then press and hold Power.
- Hold these all buttons until when you see the screen come on which is recovery screen.
- From recovery screen, use volume button to choose the wipe data/factory reset.
- Finally press Home button to perform selected option.
- Please wait for certain period to complete the process.
Hope! the above method will work for you. If you have still problem, please drop a comment so that I can help you.