There is no doubt that iPhone 4 is going to be most demanded smartphone. If you are going to grab iPhone 4 as next smartphone for your pocket, then you must know about some guide to work with. It is unfavorable but your iPhone 4 may be unresponsive or won’t power up, then you must perform soft reset or hard reset to iPhone 4 or 4S to get back it in working mode. iPhone 4 hard reset is only way to get back your iPhone 4 or 4S back to factory default setting when your iPhone is not responding even with soft reset.
Also Read: iPhone 5 Hard Reset
iPhone 4 reset
Here you will learn how to get soft reset on iPhone 4 if it get frozen for some period. And of course hard reset to solve the problematic iPhone 4.
Soft reset iPhone 4:
If your iPhone 4 is frozen and won’t respond, you may want to try a Soft Reset.
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears.
- Drag the slider.
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until the Apple logo appears.
Doing this completely soft reset your iPhone 4. If you still have some problem then you can do alternate soft reset as follow:
iPhone 4 Soft reset:
This comes in handy when the device won’t power on or is unresponsive. This will delete all data off the phone, but you can perform a Restore using your computer to get your data back.
- Press-hold the Home button (big circle below the screen) and the Sleep/Wake button (on top of the iPhone) simultaneously.
- Continue holding both buttons (Ignore the “Slide to power off”) until the iPhone shuts off and begins to restart.
- You may let go when you see the silver Apple logo.
- You have completed a soft reset successfully.
iPhone 4 Hard Reset:
There is no any other way expect factory restore to do complete hard reset to your iPhone 4. You need system running with latest version of iTunes, a good speed internet connection to download firmware or firmware ipsw file, original iPhone 4 data cable to do hard reset or factory restore to iPhone 4.
- Connect your device to computer and run iTunes.
- Press-hold the Home button (big circle below the screen) and the Sleep/Wake button (on top of the iPhone) simultaneously for 10 second.
- Once the Apple Logo appears on the iPhone 4 screen, release the power and continue to hold down the home button for about 5-10 seconds. Your iTunes will show the device which will later notify you that you are in Recovery Mode.
- Click on OK to continue with the restore process.
- Either you can click restore button to download IPSW file from Apple server or click restore button holding SHIFT to select the latest IPSW file and the prompt appears.
- iTunes will now take your device back to the manufacturer setting. If you have data backup to your system, iTunes will give you an opportunity to restore you content from the PC.
Hopefully you learn about soft iphone 4 reset and hard iphone 4 reset. If you want to know more tips about iPhone 4, just drop me a comment. We together solve it.
Also Read: Top 10 Cydia Tweaks for iOS 6.1.3
Note: If you have tethered or semi-tethered jailbreakon iPhone 4 then you need jailbreak tool RedSn0w to boot your iPhone when it stuck in Apple logo at start.