Here is good news for Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9500) owner who has updated their device to latest firmware XXUAMDL and Android OS 4.2.2 as they can able root their device with simple procedure given below. This rooting method and files required for rooting is released by XDA developer “cofface”.
According to the developer this rooting method is most easiest root for the GT-I9500 Galaxy S4 model and the recovery file used for rooting is based on CWM 220.127.116.11.
Disclaimer: Please note that rooting voids the warranty of your device. Logicclub.com and the developer of this rooting procedures shall not be held responsible if any undesirable outcomes may happen to your device. use of this root guide is solely at your own risk!
- First of all install USB driver for Samsung Galaxy S4 which can be downloaded from here.
- Download root file to your system [File name:SamsungI9500_cwm_Recovery_by cofface_0503.zip] and Download Odin3 v3.07.
- Then go to phone setting under Developer options and enable Android Debugging Mode. If the Developer option is not available in your device under setting, then follow this method to enable Developer option in Jellybean.
- This procedure will erase all the data in your device so it recommended to backup your device. So use any custom recoveries such as ClockworkMod/TWRP to backup your device.
- Be sure that your Galaxy S4 have battery level above 80%.
- Galaxy S4 must be factory unlocked and not locked to any carrier.
- This rooting is only for S4 I9500, installing this on any other may brick your device. So be confirm about the device by navigation to Settings>> About phone.
Step by step guide to root Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 on Android 4.2.2 XXUAMDL Jelly Bean:
- Extract the downloaded rooting file and Odin3v3 in your system using any supported extracting tools.
- Turn off your Galaxy S4 and boot device into Download Mode which can be done by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home buttons together and the press the Power button until the device turn on followed by pressing the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode
- Run Odin from your system
- Connect your device to the system using USB cable. Make sure your device is in Download mode during connection. Wait a while for Odin to detect your device.
- When Odin successfully detect the device, the ID: COM box will turn yellow with the COM port number. Also, the successful connection will be indicated by a message saying Added under Odin. If it fails to connect try to use another USB port and if still not working then you need to re-install USB driver.
- From Odin, click PDA button and select the cofface_samsungI9500_recovery_en_0503.tar file.
- Configure the Odin setting as Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options are selected in Odin window. As for the Re-partition, please uncheck this option.
- After configuring the Odin, click start button and installation process should begin and take few minute to complete.
- Once the process is completed, the phone will restart automatically. Now you can unplug the USB cable.
- You need to restart Samsung Galaxy S4 into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together and then select ROOT YOUR PHONE from options in the recovery mode.
- Once rooting is completed, return to main menu and reboot the phone by selecting reboot system now.
Voila! your Samsung Galaxy S4 boots up, it should be rooted successfully on Android 4.2.2 XXUAMDL Jelly Bean official firmware. Thank’s to all XDA fellas who first tried out this rooting technique. This root method was originally posted via XDA-Developer original thread.